The Women’s Section has been a strong presence in CCCBA for over 25 years. Its members include attorneys practicing in all areas of the law who live or work in Contra Costa County.
The goals of the section are:
- To further the interests of women in the legal profession and the judiciary;
- To stimulate interest in and encourage discussions regarding legal and social issues of concern to women;
- To promote a spirit of mutual support, cooperation and service and to foster social contacts among the Members of the Section;
- To offer scholarships and support to deserving law students who have shown leadership potential, achieved academic success, and helped to advance women’s issues;
- To promote diversity, equity and inclusion; and
- To extend our network of contacts and support of women’s interests through affiliation with California Women Lawyers.
Men are welcome to join. The CCCBA Women’s Section is a proud Affiliate of the California Women Lawyers (www.cwl.org). Members of the Women’s Section receive a discounted membership to CWL.
The Women’s Section provides networking opportunities for its members to meet other attorneys and professionals. The section hosts informational programs and lunches, some offering MCLE credit and others focusing on matters of more personal interest, such as job opportunities and rainmaking.
The Women’s Section annually awards the Honorable Patricia Herron and Honorable Ellen James Scholarship to deserving law students who have shown leadership potential, achieved academic success, and helped to advance women’s issues. The section hosts a scholarship fundraiser each spring, usually in the form of a silent auction and wine-tasting. We gratefully accept donations to the Scholarship Fund anytime .
All members are invited to attend the board meetings which are held on the first Tuesday of each month. If you would like to serve on the board or want further information, please contact the section at [email protected].
- CCCBA Women’s Section Diverse Speaker Policy
- Women’s Section Statement Against AAPI Hate
- Women’s Section Statement on Black Lives Matter Movement
- Women’s Section Statement on the Passing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
The Honorable Patricia Herron and The Honorable Ellen James
The CCCBA Womens’ section would like to acknowledge and
offer special thanks to the following firms and companies
for their generosity to the Womens’ Section 2021 scholarship fund
Hon. Clare Maier
Judge Charles Burch
|2021 Quarterly/May||2021 Spring|
|2020 Winter||2020 Fall||2020-Summer||2020-Spring|
|2019 Fall||2019 Summer||2019 May||2019 March|
Celine Mui Simon
2950 Buskirk Ave. Ste. 300
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
Brown Gee & Wenger LLP
Wood, Smith, Henning & Berman LLP
Ritzi K. Lam
(925) 322-8615 x110
Rachel H. Leonard
Tate & Associates
Marissa R. Boyd
Brown Gee & Wenger LLP
Ariel Brownell Lee, Esq.
Law Office of Ariel Brownell
Patanisha Davis Pierson
Key Counsel, P.C.
Brown, Gee & Wenger LLP
(925) 322-8615 ext. 111
Law Office of Brittany Hendrix-Smith
Solano County District Attorney’s Office
All for the Family Legal Clinic, Inc.
Crystal Lee VanDerPutten
Livingston Law Firm